The smile of an introvert, misunderstood
Tongue blunted by shyness, would speak if I could
Too quiet to explain, I avoid their coterie
But still those vicious words infect my thoughts with their disease
Tag Archives: shy
by-product of society
Your glorious society,
It ain’t so fucking great
Awash with tainted minds,
Pushing war and hate
Taking what it wants to fuel its selfish self-promotion
With bloated shoppers clutching crap,
In a frenzy of devotion
Later, or sooner,
It will consume the consumer
A cancer of despair
… Your society’s just a tumour…
Ever wondered why life sometimes seems so difficult and depressing, leaving us feeling like we just don’t fit in with society?
– “Who’d wanna’ fit in!”
– “Keep your head down, and the door open.”
Those dreams and fears of tommorow
Guess what, I ain’t selling no book, and I ain’t no new-age bullshitter, in fact I couldn’t even read or write until I was 11 years old due to mild, but extremely debilitating autistic traits.
– Given high doses of Amitriptyline from the age of 5 probably didn’t help my early learning experiences either.
– I still don’t read many books, and often find it hard to pull the correct words from the ether, but I’ll try for what it’s worth.
What follows comes exclusively from my own completely uneducated personal experiences.
– One or two ideas might have been realised by listening to others, or information absorbed from distant memories of therapy sessions, but thanks to two of my “not so toxic” friends, Sertraline and Diazepam, my memory ain’t quite as sharp as it used to be, so thanks to anybody from that distant past for the advice.
I don’t claim to understand the purpose of the ego, I just know how often it gets in the way of me enjoying myself, by imposing its notions of doubt and failure upon my already battered psyche.
The ego likes only to exist in the glories/nightmares of yesterday, and the fears/dreams of tommorow, it will do anything to avoid being in the now.
The ego can’t handle the now because it clashes with the real, sovereign being within us all.
– I’m not talking about the Id, or whatever the educated mind might call it, but that magnanimous essence that resides within us all, that force that sparks those feelings of empathy and compassion.
I feel the ego plays a large roll in ones anxiety, and therefore must be confronted head-on.
An over-active ego prevents one from being in the present to such a degree that it becomes almost impossible to become bored, and becoming bored is essential to becoming spontaneous, and I feel regaining ones spontaneity is the first big step in, not beating anxiety, but accepting it as a friend and not the enemy.
– “Boredom is just the uneasy time before our subconscious yearnings and desires return to our concious state of mind.”
– Below are some very simple, – but not necessarily easy, – steps that might help others regain some control over this time wasting, energy draining leech that is all too present in the anxious mind.
– Life is simple, don’t over think it…
… Or as the car sticker down the road says, “One life, live it!”
1). Breath. – Long, slow, deep breaths, in through the nose, out through the mouth.
2). Be present, as much as possible. – Live in the now.
– Leave no mental markers in time, past or future.
3). Be yourself. – Pretending to be someone you’re not is going to be a life of Hell.
4). Meet every situation head-on. – Be spontaneous!
– Don’t do anything you don’t want to do.
5). STOP taking things so seriously. – Don’t give too much value to others opinions.
– There is nothing wrong with feeling down, just don’t let other, unmindful people pull you down.
6). No one is ever truly alone, for we are all connected by compassion and understanding.
– Even those who are aggressive and confrontational, are really just scared of becoming societys next victim, show them enough compassion and they WILL buckle, eventually.
7). All thoughts are violations. – courtesy – “The orichalic phase/The oscillation.”
8). Knowledge talks lowly, Ignorance talks loud. – Be grateful you’re not a loud pretentious idiot.
9). Avoid people as soon as you feel them pulling you down to their level. – That includes me!
10). “There is nothing wrong in having a low opinion of ones self, so long as ones opinions of others is no higher.”
– Just being tough enough to admit you’re a pussy to others will usually get their respect, and quite often their confidence, for truth be told this is a planet full of pussies, just some can hide this fact better than others.
– “But hey, what do I know? – I’m not even of this planet! – Or perhaps I just wish I wasn’t?”
* “Personally I enjoy being the introvert, it means that I don’t have to jump around in that cesspool that is society, unless I want to.”
Never one concerned,
‘Bout the superficial clique
Too quiet ‘n reserved,
To deal with all that fucked up shit
The pointless pecking-order of social competition
And condescending attitudes,
The ones that never listen
“O’ to be one of those self-obsessed, narcissistic, superficial a$$holes.
– Yeah, right……
– Once again I just keep my little mouth shut and stoically walk away, hoping I don’t exist.”
“There are only two types of people, those who want an easy day, and those who want an easy day at the expense of others.”